In Loving Memory of Mom...: Just because I decorate doesn't mean I don't care...

Monday, November 26, 2007

Just because I decorate doesn't mean I don't care...

I was a little unsure if I should decorate for Christmas. It was Mom's favorite holiday. She loved everything about it...the cold weather (snow), the music, the decorations, the lights and most of all the cards. She LOVED writing Christmas cards. Every year we would go to the Hallmark store and she would convince us that she needed just one more box of cards...oh, and the stickers. If you were one of the lucky ones to get one of her cards you know what I am talking about. She would put stickers all over the envelope. She also signed the cards with everyones name on it...that includes all of our cats and dogs. So as I started to sort out the decorations I decided that decorating is just what was in order. I also found Mom's card box...a huge storage bin with all types of Holiday cards, pens and of course stickers. Will I send out cards?... I guess I have to ... Have to carry on the traditions ... Have to decorate just like she would have wanted... Have to celebrate even though it breaks my heart to do it without her. But it's what needs to be done and I accept the challange but oh what a challenge it will be...

~Christine

Nana and her babies...

Nana and her babies...
Gavin, Matthew & Mia with Nana taken Easter Morning 2007