In Loving Memory of Mom...: Empty drawers...

Friday, May 30, 2008

Empty drawers...

Yesterday Mom’s dresser drawers were cleaned out. All of her clothes put into plastic bags and placed in her closet. I had not known that this was done and when I was in her room something came over me to open her drawers. My heart nearly stopped for a minute as I opened and closed each drawer finding emptiness. Emptiness that filled my heart and started the tears flowing. Anger set in. Does it need to be done…I guess so. It’s been close to a year, yet it still seems like yesterday. Was I ready to have it done…nope. Does it hurt…yup. Could I have left it that way for ever…probably. It just opened the wound again. A wound, that has not and will never fully heal. There will always be a scar, emptiness in my heart. I was hurt, mad, upset but I will go on. Mom will always be in my heart, my soul. Nothing nor anybody can take that away from me. I will make sure that her spirit lives on. Her empty drawers were just the tangible items left behind. Her life, the memories are what I will cling to. I will make sure that my daughter knows who her Nana was and that she would have given anything to met her here on earth. Her drawers may be empty but my heart is filled with the memories…
~Christine

Nana and her babies...

Nana and her babies...
Gavin, Matthew & Mia with Nana taken Easter Morning 2007