In Loving Memory of Mom...: There's a little bit of you in that girl...

Friday, May 9, 2008

There's a little bit of you in that girl...

Ever since Mia was born you could see Mom in her. Their baby pictures look very similar. Mia has Mom's toes, her walk. When I look at Mia I always feel that Mom is living on inside of her. When Mom passed I was given her diamond heart necklace and ever since that day I have worn it every single day. Mia knows that I wear the necklace and looks for it when I am holding her. Yesterday, I was watching her and I had already taken the necklace off for the day. She hadn't seen it yet and I hadn't held her yet. When I picked her up for a hug she ripped open my shirt to look for the necklace. When I realized what she was looking for I took her to my jewelry box and asked her if she wanted to see the heart. She shook her head yes and then I put it around her neck. She just smiled, her beautiful smile.

~Christine

No comments:

Nana and her babies...

Nana and her babies...
Gavin, Matthew & Mia with Nana taken Easter Morning 2007