In Loving Memory of Mom...: Happy St. Patrick's Day...

Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day...

Saint Patrick's Day is here upon us and for all of you who know something about my family you know that we make Corned Beef and Cabbage. Why... no idea ...we're Italian. I can't stand the stuff but it's what we do. Today also marks 20 years since my Grandmother passed away. Do you know what we ate 20 years ago...Corned Beef...why...because you just do. Grandma said so, Mom said so, so now I say so. I don't touch the stuff and neither does my sister, brother and sister in law. For us Mom would make english muffin pizza's...yummy. Well I hope in heaven they too are having a feast because it wouldn't be St. Patrick's Day without the Corned Beef. I hope Mom & Grandma are smiling down and seeing that I am carrying on this tradition....


An Irish Blessing . . .
May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine upon your face
The rains fall soft upon your fields
And, until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of his hand.
~~~~~~~~

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!
~Christine

No comments:

Nana and her babies...

Nana and her babies...
Gavin, Matthew & Mia with Nana taken Easter Morning 2007