In Loving Memory of Mom...: A late Easter post...

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A late Easter post...

With the hussle and bussel of Easter approaching and my new found position (only female in the house) I had a lot on my shoulders. Today as we get back to the day to day I sit and reflect on last Easter and this past one. Last Easter was Mom's last...who would have known. Who would have known that taking the picture of her holding all three of her grand babies would be the picture that we each display around our homes. Who would have known...

This Easter went off very well. We again each chipped in and had a great day. We celebrated with 30 plus people and everyone had a great time.

I took my moment before everything started and shed my tears for my mother. I know that she was looking down with great pleasure at what we pulled off. John made her dandelion soup and it was a complete hit. We had two new guests that I hope my Mom would have approved of. Actually if it wasn't for her initial contact and invitation with them over a year ago it would not have happened.

I miss my Mom every single day and hope that I am making her proud. Happy Easter!

I leave you with these two poems that I found ... Authors Unknown...

Easter comes again, dear Mother,
The first since you passed away;
The empty chair you left us with
Will grace your presence here today,
We’ll bow our heads in silent prayer,
Our hearts are filled with pride,
To know that God has choosen you
To live there by His side.
So now we’ll try to be content.
We know that you’re at rest.
For God works only for our good
and does things for the best.
~~~~~
If you could just be here with me
Or I could be there with you.
And we could chat of this and that
And the things we used to do.
Wouldn’t it be wonderful,
wouldn’t the world seem gay,
And wouldn’t it be grand to be
Together this Easter Day?
~Christine

Nana and her babies...

Nana and her babies...
Gavin, Matthew & Mia with Nana taken Easter Morning 2007