In Loving Memory of Mom...: Emotions...

Monday, October 13, 2008

Emotions...

You never really know what others are thinking if they don't open up and talk. Yesterday while I was cleaning up our basement I came across a picture of Mom and my younger brother Bobby. The picture was already in a frame with the word Mother on it. It was taken years ago but was in perfect condition.

I brought the frame up and put it in his room and here's what I learned about Bobby (from his Girlfriend, Siobhan) that I didn't know...
  • He sometimes pulls the car over when driving and starts crying about Mom
  • He tells her how much he misses her
  • He has a hard time looking at pictures of Mom
  • He misses Mom dearly
  • He cried when he saw the picture of Mom and him
  • He wishes she was still her

And I make the list not to point out his weakness but to realize that everyone has these emotions. It made me feel good to know that I am not alone in this battle. That everyone deals with grief in their own way. That others remember her, not that I doubted that, but wondered.

Mom is missed by so many and it hurts so much.

No comments:

Nana and her babies...

Nana and her babies...
Gavin, Matthew & Mia with Nana taken Easter Morning 2007