In Loving Memory of Mom...: Penguins...

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Penguins...


Several weeks ago I was straightening up the basement and came across, what else, several things of Moms. As I was looking thru some boxes I found a small stuffed animal. It was of a Penguin. Till that day I never put two and two together. Mom loved Penguins. She had special Penguin Christmas cards and paper. If you were lucky enough to get one, you know what I am talking about.




Well my nephew Gavin is in LOVE with Penguins. He has a whole family of stuffed animals and little figures. They line his crib. He has names for everyone and knows when one is missing. He sleeps with ALL of them, sometimes them overtaking him, but he wouldn't have it any other way.

When I came across this Penguin I immediately thought of Gavin. So two weeks ago when we went for a visit I brought him the Penguin. Well from what I hear the Penguin goes everywhere with him and he is very protective of him. I am glad that they have a connection. It is like Mom is there with Gavin all the time.


Enjoy your Penguins Gavin, I am sure Nana is so very happy!

No comments:

Nana and her babies...

Nana and her babies...
Gavin, Matthew & Mia with Nana taken Easter Morning 2007