In Loving Memory of Mom...: So, it was hard...

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

So, it was hard...

Thanksgiving went off with out a hitch. Everyone was there. But that was the hard part. Not everyone was there. Mom was missing and while it obviously bothered me all day, dinner time was the hardest. As everyone gathered around the table it hit me smack in the face. Mom wasn't here with us. Everyone else was, but she wasn't. I left the dining room and headed to, where else, the bathroom and cried my eyes out. From there to my bedroom and that's when I heard everyone looking for me and John. John was in the living room feeling sad too. I joined him and then we got our acts together and joined everyone else for a delicious turkey dinner.
I know Mom was there shining down on us. We pulled off yet another Thanksgiving dinner all by ourselfes. I know that she was proud of us. I just wish she could have been there. That's the part that's so hard...

No comments:

Nana and her babies...

Nana and her babies...
Gavin, Matthew & Mia with Nana taken Easter Morning 2007