In Loving Memory of Mom...: 20 Months...

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

20 Months...

As I typed the header I really can't believe it. How could 20 months have passed? How has life gone on? At times the feeling of missing her just takes over and I loose it.
Today at work a supervisor got really sick and required an ambulance. This was hard for me to see. It brought back bad memories...
One week before Mom passed we were having the back splash in our kitchen put up. We were unable to use the kitchen, for obvious reasons. John and I were off from work so we called up the stairs to Mom to see if she wanted to go to the Diner to get some breakfast. She hadn't been out much since her surgery so we figured a quick trip there and back. As we were eating Mom stared to feel really sick and started to sweat. Next thing we knew she was on the floor, passed out. An ambulance was called and by the time the paramedics got there she had regained consciousness. They wheeled in the stretcher and wheeled her out and off to the hospital.
So a week later, when the same think happened at home I thought that she would come to. I kept saying "Come on Mom", "Mom". But she never woke up. She never came back to me.
It's hard typing this, and at times I stop what I'm writing and come back to it. Some may ask why does she do this to herself? Why does she re-live the past. Well, it's part of me.

Some days there won't be a song in your heart. Sing anyway.
-Emory Austin
Missing you more and more, everyday....Christine

No comments:

Nana and her babies...

Nana and her babies...
Gavin, Matthew & Mia with Nana taken Easter Morning 2007