In Loving Memory of Mom...: As the Holidays approach...

Friday, November 21, 2008

As the Holidays approach...

As the holidays are approaching I am becoming sad.
Sad, that another holiday is here without Mom.
Sad, that we can't celebrate with her.
Sad, that we can't see her happy face.
Worried that others will forget to remember her.
On the other hand, I realize that it is alright to feel happiness and joy during the holidays. It's not being disrespectful to Mom, it is a reflection of how Mom would want us to be. And I know that. It's just hard.
But, I will also allow myself to feel grief, sadness, anger, loneliness /emptiness. The holidays do not remove the reasons for feeling these emotions. It's something that I need to do.

I will make sure that we find ways to remember Mom this holiday season.
She loved this time of year and I think that she would be happy knowing that we have continued the same family traditions and valued the same values that she instilled in us.
I and hope that she will look down on us with a smile on her face.
~Christine

No comments:

Nana and her babies...

Nana and her babies...
Gavin, Matthew & Mia with Nana taken Easter Morning 2007