In Loving Memory of Mom...: Sad...

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sad...

Today John and I met for lunch at the mall. Yup, you guessed it...big mistake. It's Veterans Day. Everyone is off from work, home with their kids. Well, no, that's not true. They are at the Mall!
We sat and watched others as they were there with their children. Enjoying lunch. How the children's grandmothers were there. How everyone looked so happy.

Tears ran down my face.

John had no idea what was wrong. It is true that I can cry on command these days but not this time. I thought about these women with their children and their Moms. How I would never be able to enjoy a day off with my Mom and someday my child at the mall. True, Mom didn't love or for that fact even really like the mall. But she would go if asked.

I realized that that is just something that I will never get to experience and it made me sad.
~~
Happy Veterans Day and Happy Birthday to Lisa.

No comments:

Nana and her babies...

Nana and her babies...
Gavin, Matthew & Mia with Nana taken Easter Morning 2007