In Loving Memory of Mom...: 14 Months this very day...

Sunday, August 10, 2008

14 Months this very day...

Today marks 14 months exactly at 2:51 p.m. It was a "normal" Sunday at this house. A new normal since Mom has past. It was nice to have some of the family together. Michael, Lisa and Ms. Mia came for the day. We snacked on crackers and cheese, watched the Olympics, tried our hand at Mom's corn fritters and tomato salad and enjoyed a BBQ. It's hard to sit back and think that exactly 14 months ago ours lives changed in the blink of an eye. I feel guilty some days for laughing, shopping, going about our lives. I wonder if people think that I have forgotten or say I guess she's all healed. The day 14 months ago brings tears to my eyes if I allow it to. Our house just isn't the same but we are making the best of it. Our den is rarely used but yesterday it was the "hang-out" room. Filled with all of us navigating our way around the toys that Mia had tossed around. Stepping over dogs, pillows and blankets. It was nice to see the room in use... Filled with laughter and family. This is our new norm and I think we are all making the best of it. Mom is here...in our hearts and minds. She's there when I miss my mouth and food/drink spills on my shirt just like her. She's there when I look in the mirror. She in my heart where I can never forget!

No comments:

Nana and her babies...

Nana and her babies...
Gavin, Matthew & Mia with Nana taken Easter Morning 2007