In Loving Memory of Mom...: Broken...

Monday, August 18, 2008

Broken...

We visited with Mom this past Saturday. The sky was so blue with only a few white puffy clouds scattered here and there. A warm breeze blew on our faces as the tears streamed from our eyes.

It was a perfect summer day. We bought a bouquet of flowers and placed them in the ground next to Mom's headstone.

It had obviously rained the night before and you could see that the dirt was drying in the warm sun. A very few strands of grass surrounded the head stone. The section still to new to complete. Crab grass was sprouting up in clusters. Hawks flying above in a circle making their kee-aah sound.

There was an elderly man tending to his wife's headstone. We met up with him a section down as we both stopped to get water for the flowers which we would lay at our loved ones plot. The man was clearly by himself and my heart ached for him, for me. Hopefully he had a wonderful full life with his wife. Mine cut too short with my Mother.

The warm breeze blew as I looked up to the sky and asked "Why"? Why was Mom taken so soon? What was God's plan with her?

The answer to these questions I'm sure God with make known to me as time goes no. For now I just can't help but ask, why?

As the days/months since Mom's passing have gotten better I will forever be broken. Broken in the sense that my heart will always be missing a piece. I know that time heals all wounds. I will mend and I am but a scar will always remain...a scar on a girl who just misses her Mom.

~Christine

No comments:

Nana and her babies...

Nana and her babies...
Gavin, Matthew & Mia with Nana taken Easter Morning 2007