In Loving Memory of Mom...: Alone time...

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Alone time...

This past Saturday I decided that I wanted to go and visit with Mom. John was still away on business so I grabbed a bagel and some O.J. and hopped in the car. The drive isn't bad and I had no problems getting there. I stopped along the way at the florist that has become our favorite one. I picked up a dozen red, purple and white roses. They were beautiful and roses are Mom's favorite.
I got to the cemetery, stopped on the way to Mom's section and picked up a cone to put the flowers in. I continued to Section 32 and parked. Well that's when it hit me. I have been here many times before but never alone. John has always been with me. I was frozen. Unable to open the car door and get out. I started crying, you know those big crocodile tears. I called John and he assured me that while it was hard to go alone that I would be able to do it. So, I grabbed my coat, picked up the flowers and cone and headed down to 2073.
The visit with Mom was nice. I had my own, private time. The flowers that we left for her on her birthday were still there, all dried and withered. I replaced them with the beautiful roses and a red heart that I also picked up at the florist.
I spent a little while or so there talking and asking why. I said my goodbyes and left my heart behind. The very little red heart that I picked up at the florist.



My heart will forever be with my Mom. It aches for her and I miss her every single day.

~Christine

No comments:

Nana and her babies...

Nana and her babies...
Gavin, Matthew & Mia with Nana taken Easter Morning 2007