In Loving Memory of Mom...: Mom's Sausage & Potatoes...

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Mom's Sausage & Potatoes...

So last night I decided to make one of Mom's signature dishes...Sausage & Potatoes. This meal requires several steps. First the sausage would need to be browned. Mom would whip out the fry pan and toss the sausage in. This made for a big, greasy, mess. I thought there has to be a less messy way...so I whipped out the broiling tray. Tossed the sausage, hit broil on the oven and tossed those babies in. While the sausage was doing their browning thing I cubed up the potatoes, seasoned them and tossed them in Mom's big, and I do mean big silver bowl. By the time I was done so were the sausage. I transferred everything into a baking tray, covered with foil and set the oven to 350. 1 1/2 hours later, Walla, we had Mom's sausage & potatoes. Oh don't get me wrong the kitchen still was a mess, just as if Mom had been there to make it...and I wouldn't have it any other way...

~Christine

No comments:

Nana and her babies...

Nana and her babies...
Gavin, Matthew & Mia with Nana taken Easter Morning 2007