In Loving Memory of Mom...: Do you still cry???

Friday, September 28, 2007

Do you still cry???

This past week I have been really emotional. I cry at least once a day. Sometimes I find myself thinking of "the" day, the Friday before and just daily things I miss calling about to tell her. The Friday before "the" day Mom was so upset that she called me at work crying because food would not stay down. I was so upset that I almost called the doctor. Mom did call and found out that baked fish would stay down. That night John came home with fresh fish and we baked it up and had it for dinner. Mom was so happy that something actually stayed down. That would be our last meal together at the kitchen table. Memories like that bring tears to my eyes...

Last Friday John bought a wonderful gift for the house...a digital picture frame. It's amazing. He loaded a bunch of pictures of Mom and the family onto it, set it to music and let it play. It is really amazing. I turn it on everyday when I get home from work and then of course I cry while I watch it. If you haven't seen it yet bring a box of tissues with you. You're sure to shed a tear or two.

While thinking of the memories is what makes me cry, they are an invaluable gift that I have. No one can take them away from me EVER! These memories are what make the world go round...What makes life, life.

But I still ask the question...Do you still cry???

~Christine

No comments:

Nana and her babies...

Nana and her babies...
Gavin, Matthew & Mia with Nana taken Easter Morning 2007