In Loving Memory of Mom...: Christmas Morning Poem...

Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas Morning Poem...

Before we opened out presents on Christmas morning Dad wrote this poem...

It's not about Christmas
and the Christmas you see
or the presents and toys or the gifts two and three.
Not the tree with lights all lite bright you see,
It's about our Family, Our Family you and Me.
So let's all give a hug and love till we cry for
those who have left us stands here by our side
Merry Christmas and
God Bless us All

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I spent the weeks prior to Christmas and all of Christmas day with your family on my mind, but it sounds like you all did just fine; it would have been easy to just "forget" Christmas this year (and who could blame you?), but you all pitched in and made your mom proud of you. I remember many conversations with your mom as we talked about all the holiday food we both prepared, and you all certainly stepped up to the plate! And John, God bless you for that wonderful Christmas surprise; being together is exactly what you all needed! No wonder mom always told me how much she loves you. She loves ALL of you (I know because I heard it thousands of times!) But as for wishing for one more moment, one more conversation: DO IT. Do it now. She's here, she hasn't left. She was right there in the kitchen with you as you all pitched in to make Struffola. She sat at the table with you. She's over your shoulder as you're reading this right now. So do yourself a favor, pick up the book "Hello from Heaven" and it will make you feel so much better. And remember, I'm always here, too, if you need to talk or just feel like telling me a funny story or two about her (I've got some stories of my own!)

oxoxoxox,
Aunt Diana

Nana and her babies...

Nana and her babies...
Gavin, Matthew & Mia with Nana taken Easter Morning 2007