In Loving Memory of Mom...: Is it normal...

Monday, September 29, 2008

Is it normal...

To be doing something as normal as making dinner and have thoughts of "that day" pop into my head. Thoughts of my sister-in-law, Lisa, practically collapsed in a wheel chair holding her head or my brother Michael's face when he came out and said "She didn't make it" or seeing the tears and the look of utter devastation on the face of my step-father James as he learned that the love of his life just died. Is this normal???
Is it normal to relive running up the stairs to see James over my Mom trying to get her to breathe. Is it normal to keep seeing Mom trying to take her last breath or her being carried down the stairs wrapped in blankets, is this normal???
I can only assume that when a person lives through and witnesses such a tragedy that it is normal. It's my normal. The new normal....
~Christine

No comments:

Nana and her babies...

Nana and her babies...
Gavin, Matthew & Mia with Nana taken Easter Morning 2007