In Loving Memory of Mom...: Taking on a Project, and needing your help...

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Taking on a Project, and needing your help...

So, while I was surfing the web, (at work I might add, if you promise not to tell) and reading other peoples blogs I came across someone who had taken her photos and had them put into a book...what a suburb idea. Check out this site http://www.blurb.com/ here you can download photos, add captions and put it all together in a hard covered book...can you say project!!!
So here's my goal - to gather as many pictures of Mom that I can, from childhood to Nana, compile them, add captions, quotes, poems or whatever and have them bound in a book. Here's where you come in. Have any pictures of Mom that you would like to share with me?? Please, please let me know. I would be more than happy to come and get them, scan them and then return them.
I am going to look more into this starting tomorrow and hope to get my pictures out and sorted. So, are you with me on this? Sounds like fun and what a treasure I and my family will have for years to come, a book about our Mom.
Thanks, now get searching for those photos :)
~Christine
P.S. ~ Yes, I know that I still have made the Memory Bear...I'm working on it

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never added a story onto Judy’s blog because I never knew what to type. Well, I thought and thought and just felt like including my feelings regarding my mother in-law. Judy is forever in my thoughts and heart. Every morning, every day and every night, I think of her. I look at Mia and think Judy. Mia’s walk, attitude, and happiness remind me of Judy. Judy is missed very much and we (Mike, Mia and I) are always thinking of her. What we would do to see her one more time especially holding Mia.

I miss you, Judy.

Lisa

P.S. I was going through my files at work and found the following paragraph I wrote last year after hanging out with Christine one day when she was sad. I thought Christine should know how much she is loved and appreciated.

After reading some stories about Judy, my mother in law, I felt that besides Judy being a very very special person in my life, Mike’s life and Mia’s life, Christine is a very very special in Mia’s life as well as mine and Mike’s lives. Even though, Judy is no longer with us in a physical matter, she is definitely with us some other way. Mike, Mia and I see Christine every week, and for those who only see her in one type of setting, (work, shopping, hanging out), Christine is Judy in so many ways. She has a heart as big as Judy’s, maybe even bigger now that Judy gave her ‘heart’ to Christine. Christine also cooks like Judy (well coming close to Judy.) But most of all, she loves my Mia. Who else would want to babysit little miss independent every weekend? Cuddle with a baby with a stinky diaper; more than that, change the stinky diaper? No one but Aunt Christine!

Not sure if it makes sense but it did when I typed it last year.

Nana and her babies...

Nana and her babies...
Gavin, Matthew & Mia with Nana taken Easter Morning 2007